This Roasted Vegetable Soup is one of our favorite recipes. Soup is always popular in our house, and root veggies are around all year long.
I first posted this soup way back in 2015 thanks to an assistant I was working with at the time. Jackie is a fabulous cook, and I'm so glad she introduced me to this creamy and delicious soup!
What's really fabulous about this recipe is the method of preparation.
All the ingredients in this roasted vegetable soup are roasted together on a baking sheet.
You can use whatever veggies you'd like using this same method.
I can think of so many different varieties of this soup, and as long as you are only adding veggies, herbs, and spices, your soup will be perfect for the Daniel Fast.
What you Need to Make Roasted Vegetable Soup
This soup is so delicious, and once the chopping is done, the rest of the preparation is a breeze. You will need parsnips, carrots, red and yellow peppers, celery, sweet potatoes, a russet potato, grape tomatoes, an onion, garlic, parsley (optional), olive oil, vegetable broth, and salt and pepper.
How to Make this Soup
Serve immediately with a bowl of chopped parsley on the side for those who like it. I love it!
What Other Vegetables Could I Use in this Soup?
Any type of squash would be good in this recipe, like acorn, butternut, or pumpkin.
I think a couple of beets tossed in the mix would be fantastic.
Fennel would also be a wonderful addition.
Racquel, one of our readers on Pinterest, said she loved the recipe and added oregano and thyme. I can't wait to try that combination!
Let me know if you come up with other additions that work well. There are so many herbs and spices that would compliment this soup.
How Long Does This Soup Last?
There really isn't anything in this soup other than veggies and olive oil, so you could eat this meal five days later.
If you're making a really big batch, plan to freeze any soup you won't eat for up to 6 months.
More Daniel Fast Recipes
Looking for more Daniel Fast soup recipes? One of my favorites is this Moroccan Stew.
I also just made this Black Eyed Pea Soup to rave reviews from my family!
For something other than soup, try this kale and sweet potato vegan power bowl.
You might also want to try these Sweet Potato Wraps.
To learn more about The Daniel Fast, I recommend picking up the book that started it all, by Susan Gregory. I will be going through the workbook this year, so if you'd like to join me, shoot me an email.
Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 3 Parsnips chopped bite sized
- 3 Large Carrots chopped bite-sized
- 2 Red or Yellow Peppers chopped bite-sized
- 3 Celery stalks chopped bite-sized
- 2 Sweet Potatoes chopped bite-sized
- 1 Russet Potato chopped bite-sized
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes quartered
- ½ Large White Onion chopped bite-sized
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 C fresh parsley chopped, optional
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¾ tbsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 C Vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Peel potato, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, and garlic.
- On a foil lined baking sheet - toss all vegetables with olive oil and salt & pepper. This means everything except the parsley will be on the baking sheet.
- Roast about an hour - or until all veggies are softened. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Transfer ½ of the vegetables to a soup pot and add about 2 cups of broth to the vegetables.
- Using a hand mixer on slow speed, blend the vegetables for about 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the broth and vegetables and simmer on low heat to warm through.
- Serve immediately with a bowl of chopped parsley on the side.