Learn how to make a Baileys latte recipe that will rival the ones made by a professional barista. This rich and silky latte is the perfect way to warm you up when there's a chill in the air.
This easy recipe for a rich and creamy Bailey's latte is made using just 3 simple ingredients. It's a wonderful, restaurant-quality, coffee cocktail you can make right in your own home at a fraction of coffee house prices.
And if you're looking for a delicious coffee drink without alcohol, try this ashwagandha coffee. It's great for stress relief!
The star ingredient in this latte recipe is Baileys Irish cream. If you've never tasted Irish cream before, it's a smooth Irish liquor with a creamy texture, made using Irish whiskey with sweet cream and cocoa.
The Baileys gives the coffee just a hint of sweetness and a boozy kick that makes it a great drink to enjoy after dinner with some sort of chocolatey dessert like these Brownie Bites or with this amazing White Chocolate Biscotti.
Too sweet? Try it with these Irish Soda Bread Scones. So good.
The great thing about Baileys is it's not just great in coffee drinks. It can be used in many other tasty cocktails.
You can add it to your hot chocolate, and it can also be used in some really delicious and decadent desserts like these yummy Coffee Cookies with Baileys.
We think the best way to use it is to make this Baileys silky latte recipe. We're betting it will be your new favorite, too!
❤️ Why We Love This Recipe
It's a fun and boozy twist to a cup of regular coffee and because they're homemade, that allows you to have total control over the ingredients. This is a great way to experiment with different toppings, types of milk, amount of Irish cream, etc.
Though this warm Irish coffee drink is the perfect after-dinner cocktail, they also make a great option for holiday brunches or for serving at all your St. Patrick’s Day festivities. We love it for just sipping with friends by the fire on a cool afternoon.
🛒 What Goes into a Baileys Latte?
Baileys Irish Cream-you can use store-bought Bailey's or use your own homemade Bailey's version.
Prepared espresso-you can use instant espresso if you don’t have an espresso machine. We've had a Nespresso for years and use it every day! This one comes with a milk frother.
Hot milk-if you don't have a fancy milk warmer, just heat it in the microwave or over the stove.
👩🏼🍳 How to Make This Cocktail
Step 1. Add your shot of espresso to your favorite coffee mug.
Step 2: Add Baileys Irish Cream and give it a stir.
Step 3. Use a milk frother to froth the hot milk. Pour the milk into your mug, reserving the foam.
Step 4. Gently spoon the foam on top of your latte and serve.
Optionally, you can top the latte with some whipping cream. To give each sip perfect hints of chocolate, add some chocolate shavings and allow them to dissolve into your hot Bailey's latte.
Baileys Latte Variations
- Dairy-free- Substitute the regular Baileys with Baileys Almande. It will still give you all those same Irish cream coffee flavors but in a dairy-free version.
- Chocolate Bailey's latte- You can use Baileys Chocolate Luxe to give your latte Belgian chocolate flavor.
- Gingerbread latte- If you're a fan of Starbucks Gingerbread latte, you can add a pinch of gingerbread spice blend to the coffee mixture.
- Iced coffee latte- Iced coffees are delicious any time of year. To make this recipe into an iced version, just pour your espresso over a tall glass of ice and stir in the other ingredients.
- Extra boozy latte: If you want to make a stronger cocktail, you can add a little extra Irish Whiskey.
- Additional toppings: You can have fun and add all sorts of tasty toppings. A drizzle of caramel sauce or chocolate sauce are always great options. If you're making this as a boozy treat for a holiday or special occasion, you can add festive sprinkles to the whipped cream topping.
This is an Irish liquor that has a smooth and silky texture that's made using sweet cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey.
Whole Milk- best for thick and rich foam.
Soy Milk- adds a milk tasting and lactose free foam.
Coconut Milk- best for saving a few calories and has a nice flavor.
Oat Milk-great for a lactose-free option.
Skim Milk- best for lighter and easier frothing.
Almond Milk-smaller foam bubbles and doesn't require high temp heat to foam.
Heavy cream- creates an extra thick and rich topping.
Even though Baileys has cream in it, the alcohol acts as a preservative making it perfectly safe to store it at room temperature for up to several months. Having said, that it will stay fresher for a longer time when you store an opened bottle in the fridge.
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream
I think Baileys is the best brand of Irish cream, but you can also make it at home.
While there are several homemade Baileys recipes out there, the best way is to keep it as simple as possible. Just mix the following ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in the fridge for up to a couple of months:
- 1 cup-heavy cream
- 14 ounce can-sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons-Chocolate Syrup (or one tablespoon cocoa powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoon-Instant Coffee Granules
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups-Irish whiskey (I recommend Jameson)
Don't boil the milk- be careful not to boil the milk when heating it. You'll heat it just until you begin to see a good bit of steam, but no bubbles. Whip it with a whisk to add some foam.
Experiment with other Bailey's flavors: There are a lot of flavors of Baileys to choose from. Baileys Strawberries and Cream, Apple Pie, Chocolate Cherry, and Salted Caramel all make delicious lattes.
Skip the espresso-If you don’t have an espresso machine or prefer not to use instant, you can just brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot. It won’t be exactly the same, but it’ll still give you that strong coffee flavor.
More Delicious Cocktails
Like our content? Follow us on Pinterest!
Silky Baileys Latte Recipe
- 1 Milk Frother
- 1 ½ ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ½ espresso
- 4 ½ milk hot
- Whipped cream optional
- Chocolate shavings optional
- Add your shot of espresso to your favorite coffee mug.
- Add Baileys to espresso.
- Use a milk frother to froth the hot milk.
- Pour the milk into your mug, reserving the foam. Gently spoon the foam on top of your latte and serve.
- Optionally, you can top the latte with some whipping cream. To give each sip perfect hints of chocolate, add some chocolate shavings and allow them to dissolve into your hot Bailey's latte.