A Southwest Bloody Mary with bacon might be the best cocktail ever!
I love a good Bloody Mary, but it's the kind of cocktail I can only have at brunch. But late on a Sunday morning while on vacation, it's one of my favorite drinks.
Who else likes their Bloody Mary with bacon spicy? Hand raised! A little extra hot sauce would be my choice.
I love the more garnishes, too. Add a piece of celery, cucumber, or even a shrimp, and I'm in heaven.
So delicious! For this southwest spin, we decided on a Jalapeño and a piece of bacon, because BACON!! Enjoy!
1 cups V8 Juice
3 ounces Absolut Peppar
½ Lime juiced
2 strips of Bacon
10 leaves of Cilantro sliced thinly and minced
How to Make It
Add a quarter cup of ice to a shaker.
Add in V8 juice.
Add vodka and extracts.
Add minced cilantro and juice from half the lime.
Shake vigorously until well blended.
Pour into a 8oz glass filled with ice.
Sprinkle Pepper on top.
Add 1 shake of Tabasco sauce.
Lightly stir with a stir stick.
Garnish with a lime slice, piece of bacon, half of Jalapeño pepper, and Cilantro sprig.
Another option, if you're feeling creative, is to make your own Jalapeño infused vodka. I mean, why not?
A Bloody Mary is just as delicious with no alcohol, so leave it out for your friends who don't drink!
According to Esquire, a bartender in Paris was given vodka brought in from Russian emigrants and he just found it tasteless. He had also just been introduced to American tomato juice, so along with a little seasoning, he created a new cocktail called a Bucket of Blood. Aren't you glad the name was changed?
I've had Bloody Marys with dill pickle spears, olives, cheese, pickled okra, pickled asparagus, and of course, celery.
There are variations of this cocktail made with tequila, gin, and other liquors. See this cocktail guide for more.
More Cocktail Recipes
Southwest Bloody Mary with Bacon
- 1 cups V8 Juice
- 3 oz Absolute Citron
- ½ tsp jalapeno extract flavoring
- ½ tsp chipotle extract or flavoring
- 1 jalapeno pepper Split in half, seeds removed.
- 10 leaves of Cilantro minced . More for garnish.
- ½ Lime juiced
- 2 strips of Bacon cooked crispy
- 1 pinch Pepper
- In a shaker add ¼ cup of ice
- Add in V8 juice.
- Add vodka and extracts.
- Add minced cilantro and juice from ½ lime.
- Shake vigorously until well blended.
- Pour into a 8oz glass filled with ice
- Sprinkle Pepper on top.
- Add 1 shake of Tabasco sauce.
- Lightly stir with a stir stick.
- Garnish with a lime slice, piece of bacon, half of Jalapeño pepper, and Cilantro sprig.