Pumpkin Spice Latte cookies are here! For all the Starbucks fans out there, it's time for fall!
You've probably heard me say before that living in Florida is great, but we do miss fall. It's still in the high 80's here, and the only way we knew it was fall is that Starbucks put Pumpkin Spice Latte beverages and treats on the menu again.
Now you can have that flavor in the perfect a pumpkin spice latte cookie anytime you want it! Make an extra batch and stick them in the freezer so you always have a little treat on hand for company or when you need a snack with that afternoon cup of tea.
My youngest daughter had a teacher in elementary school who loved Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and whenever I heard she had experienced a rough day (on occasion it may have had to do with my offspring) I would stop by to pick up her favorite drink.
Personally, I prefer cappuccino, dry with no sweetener, but when it comes to cookies, I've never met one I didn't like, and these cookies are divine!
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies taste like autumn, and are perfect for book club, a school function, or make the perfect little dessert with a cup of tea in the afternoon. What I love about cookies is that I can stick them in the freezer and have one whenever I want one. Give it 10 minutes to thaw and enjoy.
What You Need for Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
To make these pumpkin spice latte cookies, you will need flour, dark instant coffee, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 egg, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
For the icing, you'll need coffee extract, cream of tartar, egg whites, and powdered sugar.
How to Make the Cookies
How to Make the Icing
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl on medium speed for 4 minutes.
Drizzle the icing by spoon on each cooled pumpkin spice latte cookie.
What Else Can You Make with Pumpkin?
SO much!! I love cooking with pumpkin all year long, but especially in the fall. The ultimate pumpkin cookies taste like a bite of autumn. Make a loaf of this Chocolate Chip Bread with pumpkin and banana to take to your next book club or school event.
For an elegant dessert that is so much easier than it looks, try this pumpkin bread pudding I made for a national grocery chain. And if you're looking for something different and SO easy for breakfast, you've got to try this crockpot French toast with pumpkin!
Here's a printable version of the pumpkin spice latte cookies along with the ingredients. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 ½ C flour
- 2 tsp instant dark coffee
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temp
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C chocolate chips
- ¾ C pumpkin puree
- 1 egg room temp
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powdered sugar
- tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Pure Coffee Extract
Making the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk to mix all of the ingredients together.
- In a second bowl beat your butter, and both sugars mixing until creamy.
- Slowly add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop drop the cookie dough onto your parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9- 11 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- Remove the cookies from your oven and allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Making the icing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl on medium speed for 4 minutes. Drizzle the icing by spoon on each cooled cookie.