Pumpkin maple crockpot French toast is the perfect breakfast for busy school mornings. It’s also a lifesaver when you have company visiting and want to spend time with them – not in the kitchen!
Before moving to Florida I lived in Maryland. My husband and had been looking for a house for some time. Our girls were almost five and two, and we were ready to leave behind the townhouse they had lived in since they were born.
I’ll never forget the ad in the paper; A little bit of heaven, bring your horses. We didn’t have horses but had talked about it. I told the realtor to turn around twice – it was too far out in the boondocks for me!
And as we came up over the hill and saw the home, I knew I had to live there. Sitting on almost seven acres of farmland, we were home. As crazy coincidences go, our neighbor had gone to high school with my husband’s brother. What are the chances?
Pumpkin Maple Crockpot French Toast
Pumpkin & Maple Crockpot French Toast
- 1 cup pumpkin canned
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup PURE maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 loaf 16 oz. french bread cut into small cubed pieces
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. maple extract
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Prep the slow cooker baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the cubed bread into the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl whisk together until combined the pumpkin, half and half, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin spice coffee creamer, ground nutmeg, maple syrup, ground cloves
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate Crockpot overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on High 2 hour 30 minutes or Low 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce once the french toast is completed.
- Add butter, brown sugar, water, maple extract, and sea salt to medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in 1/2 cup milk and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour sauce over the french toast once plated and serve immediately.
- Top with whip cream and pecans