Pumpkin maple crockpot French Toast is the perfect breakfast for busy school mornings. It's also a lifesaver when you have company visiting and want to spend time with them - not in the kitchen!
Doesn't fall put you in the mood for pumpkin everything? We love the flavors of autumn, including all those warm spices.
One of my favorites is this 5 minute Pumpkin Parfait. It's creamy and decadent, made with yogurt and with ginger snap cookies. It's the perfect dessert and super easy to make! Check out all these delicious pumpkin desserts for more ideas.
Why We Love This Recipe
This Pumpkin French Toast had me at Crockpot! Seriously, when we have company for a few days, I love making this early in the morning and it's ready when our friends are hungry!
It's also different and a little bit decadent. I love spoiling our friends.
What Goes in This French Toast
French Bread is key for making French Toast. Pick up a fresh loaf at your local grocery store or have one in the freezer when you need it.
Canned Pumpkin gives this breakfast that delicious pumpkin flavor and extra smooth texture.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer is readily available this time of year. This gives the French Toast an extra creamy texture as well as a little extra spice.
See the recipe card below for the complete list of ingredients and full instructions.
How to Make this Recipe
The first step is to make the French Toast.
Prep the slow cooker baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
Place the cubed bread into the slow cooker.
In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, half and half, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin spice coffee creamer, ground nutmeg, maple syrup, and ground cloves until combined.
Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
Stir well to mix being careful not to break up the bread.
Cover and refrigerate in the Crockpot overnight or for at least 5 hours.
Place the slow cooker baking dish into the Crockpot.
Cook on High 2 hour 30 minutes or Low 4 hours 30 minutes.
Once the french toast is ready, add all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Pour sauce over entire pot of French Toast and let it set for 10-15 minutes on warm.
Top individual slices with whipped cream and pecans. Enjoy.
Like our content? Follow us on Pinterest!
More Amazing Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin & Maple Crockpot French Toast
- 1 cup pumpkin canned
- 1 ½ cup half and half
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup PURE maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 loaf 16 oz. french bread cut into small cubed pieces
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. maple extract
- 2 tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Prep the slow cooker baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the cubed bread into the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl whisk together until combined the pumpkin, half and half, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin spice coffee creamer, ground nutmeg, maple syrup, ground cloves
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate Crockpot overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on High 2 hour 30 minutes or Low 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce once the french toast is completed.
- Add butter, brown sugar, water, maple extract, and sea salt to medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in ½ cup milk and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour sauce over the french toast once plated and serve immediately.
- Top with whip cream and pecans to your liking.