Give me a pumpkin bar and a cup of coffee on a chilly afternoon and I'm a happy camper. Pumpkin Bars are one of my favorite desserts. Isn't fall just the best time of year for food? I love all the autumn fruits and vegetables; apple pie, apple turnovers, and pumpkin or butternut squash anything!
I made this Autumn Harvest Soup yesterday and it is so good. Whip up these pumpkin bars for dessert and you're set!
With all the parties and events from now until the end of the year, we all need easy dessert recipes, and everyone will love these pumpkin bars. And did you know a cup of canned pumpkin only has 83 calories and 7.1 grams of fiber? It's true!
Doesn't it make you feel a little better knowing there is some nutritional value in this yummy dessert? Take it to that Halloween or Harvest party and watch it disappear! Enjoy!
Decadent Pumpkin Bar with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Bar Ingredients
1 C sugar
1/2 C oil
1/2 15-ounce can of pumpkin
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 ground cloves
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts to top off
Directions for bars:
1. Heat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and pumpkin until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cloves.
4. Grease 9 x 13 baking dish with oil or butter and pour batter into the pan.
5. Bake in the oven for 27 minutes.
Directions for Frosting:
1. Combine first four ingredients in a large standing mixing bowl until smooth.
Spread frosting over cooled bars, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and cut into squares.
You might also want to take a look at this roundup of pumpkin desserts!
Decadent Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Bar Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 can of pumpkin
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 ground cloves
- Frosting Ingredients
- 1 package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to top off
- Directions for bars:
- Heat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and pumpkin until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cloves.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking dish with oil or butter and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 27 minutes.
- Directions for Frosting:
- Combine first four ingredients in a large standing mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and cut into squares.