This pumpkin chocolate chip banana bread recipe is so much better than plain old banana bread. A few years ago I made several batches of pumpkin bread to give to friends and neighbors for the holidays. At one point I decided to add chocolate chips, and it was SO delicious, I add them almost every time now.
I always toss overripe bananas in the freezer for banana bread. Who knew they would be so delicious right in the batter with pumpkin and chocolate chips? It just goes to show you- experiment in the kitchen and you may create something wonderful!
Though it’s hard to believe the kids are going back to school already, it does remind me that fall is around the corner. Living in Florida, I need a reminder!
I don’t know where the summer went, but I’m glad it’s time for pumpkin again. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins, I love almost everything pumpkin, and especially this pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
In fact, the only thing I don’t like pumpkin is the Starbucks drink everyone else seems to love. I bought it a few years ago and couldn’t even drink it, which is crazy because I’m a huge Starbucks fan. What about you? What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? I hope this becomes one of your go-to recipes for fall!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
Add pumpkin and bananas, mix well, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, mix until just moistened, approximately 1 minute.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes
Cool five minutes and remove from pans.
Here’s a printable for your convenience!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 3/4 C softened unsalted European butter Land O' Lakes has it!
- 3 eggs
- 1 C of Libby's canned pumpkin
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and bananas, mix well, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, mix until just moistened, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes
- Cool five minutes and remove from pans.
If you love pumpkin, you’ve got to check out my Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Pumpkin spice Whipped Cream! And for chocolate lovers, these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Peanut Butter Brownies are the bomb!
Love this recipe? Pin it on Pinterest so you have it for later!