This Kale Caesar Salad is so delicious and fits the original Daniel Fast. If you have used this recipe before, you'll notice some changes.
A few of my readers called me out on the cheese and I'm grateful. Though I do have other Daniel Fast books I refer to, they are absolutely right in that there should be no dairy in the original diet.
The Spiritual Aspect of The Daniel Fast
Kale Caesar Salad with Chickpeas for The Daniel Fast
What Do I Need to Make Kale Caesar Salad?
How Long Does This Kale Caesar Salad Last
The salad dressing will last for 5 days in the refrigerator. Kale and peppers last for 5-7 days in the refrigerator, and onions last longer, unrefrigerated. You may need to buy more tomatoes, depending on how ripe they were when purchased.
If you plan to have this a few times, double the batch of salad dressing. This would make a delicious salad in a jar to take to work. Just remember to put the dressing in the bottom of a mason jar, and layer the ingredients from the bottom, hard to soft on top.
More Daniel Fast Recipes
Looking for more Daniel Fast Recipes? Check out this roundup of Daniel Fast Lunch and Dinner recipes. You may also find something you like on this list of Breakfast recipes. My favorite is this easy muffin recipe.
Below is a printable recipe for the Daniel Fast Kale Caesar Salad you can take to the store.
Kale Caesar Salad with Chickpeas #DanielFast
For the Salad Dressing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Umeboshi paste
- 1 TBS dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 TBS vegan mayo
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce optional
For the Salad
- 1 bunch Organic Kale rinsed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 sweet baby peppers red, orange or yellow or 1 regular sized pepper - chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed well and patted dry
- 1/8 cup soy parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepitas roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 large ripe tomato - sliced and chopped
- Make dressing, whisking all ingredients together until creamy. Refrigerate. (will keep refrigerated up to 5 days)
- Combine salad ingredients, add dressing, toss to coat and serve.
Follow Food, Fun & Faraway Places on Social!