Now that spring is here and the kids are home, it's time to spend some time together. We are all going to have rainy days or days when it's just too darn hot to be outside, even by the pool. Those days are the perfect time to spend together baking. Your kids will remember those times forever!
How to Make Golden Oreo Cupcakes (Makes 12)
GOLDEN OREO CUPCAKE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 c unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Golden Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Set up your cupcake pan with liners
- Using a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer or Kitchenaid on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Using a sealable bag, place your cookies in it and smash with a rolling pin or your hands
- Now add sugar and vanilla to the butter and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture, milk, and butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is well mixed together
- Fold in your Golden Oreo crumbled cookies
- Fill the cupcake pan liners 2/3 with cake batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and cream cheese on high speed until fluffy
- Add one cup of sugar at a time until all 3 are combined
- Add in heavy cream if frosting is looking like sugar pebbles.
- Scrape the sides to get all of the sugar.
- Mix until your frosting is stiff and won’t fall off the whisk.
- Take a butter knife and carve out a small portion of the cupcake.
- Fill in with frosting.
- Using a star tip, pipe on the frosting onto the top of the cupcake and place the Oreo on top, as seen in the photo.