These chicken wrapped in bacon appetizers are so delicious and super easy to prepare. If you've been a reader for a while, you know appetizers are my favorite food and these make great game day snacks!
In fact, we often order nothing but appetizers when we go out, and I’ll even serve a few appetizers for an easy dinner instead of having a main course. With wine, of course!
This is a family favorite recipe, probably because it includes bacon! We also love these bacon wrapped scallops and these bacon straws.
Pair a couple of these with my newest favorites, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and Sweet Potato Bites, and you have a party in the making!
Why We Love this Recipe
I have the friendliest husband in town, and he's always suggesting friends come back to our house after events. I need to be ready for anything!
All the ingredients in these bacon wrapped chicken bites are staples in my house. I can whip these up with my eyes closed and have them on the table in no time.
This great recipe will be gobbled up by even the picky eaters! A few more appetizers and a couple of desserts like this white chocolate biscotti and these cheesecake bites, and you have a party ready to happen!
What You Need to Make It
You will need savory honey mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, boneless skinless chicken breasts, bacon, white cheddar cheese, crackers, and fresh parsley.
How to Make these Chicken Bites
Turn on the broiler.
Mix 2 tablespoons of honey mustard with the Worcestershire sauce for a quick marinade.
Cut the chicken breast pieces into 24 bite sized pieces and place it in the honey mustard marinade.
Slice the bacon into thirds, making 24 pieces.
Cut the cheese into 12 slices, and cut each in half, making 24 pieces.
Take each piece of chicken out of marinade one at a time and wrap bacon slice around it, securing with a toothpick. Discard marinade.
Place bacon-wrapped chicken on a broiler pan or baking sheet lined with aluminum foil in a single layer and broil 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes, turning once, or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
Turn the broiler off and set the oven to 350º.
Place crackers on another sheet pan.
Top each cracker with cheese.
Bake 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top each cheesy cracker with chicken, removing toothpicks as you go.
Add a dollop of honey mustard to the top of the bacon.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Aren't they pretty? Go ahead and try one - you deserve it after all that work! I think you'll agree, it's the perfect appetizer for the whole family.
Getting the bacon crispy is key.
We've tried others, but these are so good on Ritz Crackers.
Fresh parsley is so flavorful on these chicken wrapped in bacon appetizers. You really shouldn't use dried unless you can't find fresh. It's one of the least expensive fresh herbs.
Note: Thick cut bacon will take too long to cook for these bites, so if that is what you have, cook the bacon until it's done but not yet crispy and then go through the steps. We used thin bacon for this savory appetizer.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily leave out the bacon if you don't like it. The chicken has loads of flavor.
You can! The dark meat will be delicious in this little appetizer, too. You could also use chicken tenders.
You really can't. You need to make sure the chicken is properly cooked first, and the cheese needs to be melted before placing the chicken on the cracker. For best results, follow the easy instructions. It won't take long at all!
You could make so many versions of these chicken wrapped in bacon appetizers by just changing up a few simple ingredients.
- Try these with a little dash of Tabasco or red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Marinate the chicken in Teriyaki sauce for an Asian flavor.
- Sprinkle the chicken and bacon bites with a little taco seasoning before broiling, using sharp cheddar cheese on the cracker and topping with salsa for a Mexican version.
- For low carb delicious appetizers, serve the chicken bites without crackers.
This simple recipe is so good I can't wait to make it again.
Choose another easy appetizer from this list of cream cheese appetizers or these cream cheese dip recipes to have a variety of finger foods. They are all delicious and easy to make!
What's your favorite appetizer? I'm always looking to try something new! Share in the comments!
More Delicious Appetizers
Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Appetizers
- 3 Tbsp. Grey Poupon Savory Honey Mustard divided
- 2 Tbsp. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast 6 oz., cut into 24 pieces
- 8 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon each slice cut into thirds
- 4 oz. Cracker Barrel Vermont Sharp-White Cheddar Cheese cut into 12 slices, each slice cut in half
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Start by heating your broiler.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of honey mustard with the Worcestershire sauce for a quick marinade.
- Cut the chicken into 24 pieces and place it in the marinade.
- Slice the bacon into thirds, making 24 pieces.
- Cut the cheese into 12 slices, and cut each in half, making 24 pieces.
- Take the chicken pieces out of marinade one by one and wrap them with small slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Discard marinade.
- Broil the bacon wrapped chicken bites four inches from heat for 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through, turning after 5 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and place crackers on a baking sheet.
- Turn off the broiler and set the oven to 350°
- Top each cracker with cheese. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each cheesy cracker with chicken.
- Add a little dollop of honey mustard on top of the bacon, and sprinkle with parsley.
Oh my! There is so much to love about these. I want them now! Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty - I hope you will join us, next week.