These Valentine's Day cupcake ideas will give you plenty of sweet choices for what to make to celebrate the holiday of love. After all, cupcakes are love at first bite!
- Why We Love Cupcakes
- Easy Cupcake Ideas
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
- Crown Royal Cupcakes
- Grapefruit Champagne Mimosa Cupcakes
- Mini Gluten Free Champagne Cupcakes
- Personalized Conversation Heart Valentine Cupcakes
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- Super Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Wine Cupcakes with Wine Frosting
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Fudgy Chocolate Cupcakes with Two-Tone Roses
- Love Monster Cupcakes
- Valentine Raspberry Cream Filled Cupcake with a Cupcake
- Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Raspberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cupcakes
- More Valentine's Day Desserts
Why We Love Cupcakes
Cupcakes are the perfect party dessert because you don't need utensils, and one cupcake is just the right serving. You also don't have to worry about frosting the middle of a layer cake with cupcakes! Adding a surprise inside like Lindor truffle center is fun, and with cupcakes, you know everyone will get the surprise!
Whether you're making a batch of cupcakes for a Valentine's Day party or just something special for your family, these Valentine's Day cupcake ideas are perfect.
The best part is, many of the cupcakes are easy to make and won't take much time.
Adding red sprinkles to a cupcake makes it festive, but you can get more creative!
- Red velvet or pink velvet cupcakes are both a popular Valentine's Day treat.
- Spice it up with champagne frosting or dark chocolate.
- Add a Hershey's Kiss on top for adorable Kisses cupcakes.
- Add a little of your favorite liquor for a boozy adults only cupcake.
I think my favorite is the Red Wine and Chocolate Cupcakes I made last year for Valentine's Day. They aren't for kids, but let me tell you; red wine and dark chocolate were made for each other!
Gently mixing the batter is key to a moist cupcake. Use your electric mixer on low. You want to create air bubbles that will expand in the oven. Over mixing can deflate the bubbles resulting in a tougher cupcake.
You can use light olive oil or canola oil, but we like canola best. You can also use grapeseed oil.
It's tough, but you can try. What do you have to lose, right? Add milk to powdered sugar to make a glaze and drizzle it on your cupcakes before baking. In addition, you could add a little of your favorite liquor for a boozy cupcake.
Easy Cupcake Ideas
Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
Crown Royal Cupcakes
Grapefruit Champagne Mimosa Cupcakes
Mini Gluten Free Champagne Cupcakes
Personalized Conversation Heart Valentine Cupcakes
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
Super Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate Wine Cupcakes with Wine Frosting
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
Fudgy Chocolate Cupcakes with Two-Tone Roses
Love Monster Cupcakes
Valentine Raspberry Cream Filled Cupcake with a Cupcake
Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
Raspberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cupcakes
Cupcakes are my favorite easy dessert, but I've got many more desserts that are perfect for Valentine's Day, like this Sweetheart Cake, this round-up of Valentine's Day cookies, and these 30 Valentine's Day recipes with chocolate.
Check out my Valentine's Day Pinterest board for more ideas!
More Valentine's Day Desserts
Like our content? Follow us on Pinterest!