Once you make this brownie bites recipe, you may never go back to normal brownies again! These little bites of brownie with luscious buttercream filling are about to rock your world!
These mini brownies are a great recipe for a last minute dessert and the perfect size for a St. Patrick's Day party or any day you need to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Adding the green food coloring made these brownie bites festive, but feel free to leave it out for any other time of year, or use sprinkles for a holiday celebration or birthday.
For more over-the-top brownies, you have to try these easy recipes for chocolate peanut butter brownies (probably the #1 favorite brownie recipe on this site!), this Nutella Bars recipe, or these Butterfinger brownies.
Why We Love These Brownie Bites
These delicious cake brownies are light and airy, but firm enough to hold that rich buttercream filling.
Speaking of that filling- it's scrumptious and pairs perfectly with the chocolate brownies.
Serving mini desserts is not only easier, but it helps with portion control.
The best part? This brownie bite recipe is super easy to make!
What Goes Into Brownie Bites
Chocolate Chips - for the homemade brownies, we're using regular semi-sweet chocolate chip in the batter and mini chocolate chips on top.
Cocoa Powder - for even more chocolatey goodness, we're adding cocoa powder.
Butter - fresh buttercream filling begins with butter.
Heavy Cream - gives the buttercream a luscious creaminess.
Scroll to the printable recipe card for the full ingredients and instructions.
How to Make this Mini Brownie Bites Recipe
Making the Brownies
1 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
3 Melt butter on stove top in a small pot over low heat or in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl. Add sugar to melted butter and stir well using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
5 Mix in cocoa powder until well combined.
6 Add baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs and salt. Blend well.
7 Add flour half cup at a time until fully combined.
8 Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
8 Divide brownie batter among the individual spots of the prepared mini muffin tin, about 1 tablespoon in each cup.
9 Bake for 12-15 minutes.
10 Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 8-10 minutes before using a mini-tart shaper to press into each brownie.
11 Remove brownies from pan and place on a wire rack.
Making the Buttercream Filling
1 Add powdered sugar and butter to a medium bowl and mix well.
2 Add heavy cream and vanilla until well combined.
3 Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring and blend well until satisfied with the color.
4 Add filling to a piping bag and fill the individual brownie cups.
5 Top with mini chocolate chips if desired.
If this is your new favorite dessert, please give it a 5 star rating! I'd love for you to tag me on social and share a photo!
Whenever using eggs in a recipe like this, bring them to room temperature first. Egg yolks will break more easily, so they will combine better with the rest of the ingredients.
If brownies rise a little, simply use a spoon to press them back down as soon as they are removed from the oven. It will make it easier to press the mini-tart shaper into the brownie if they are not rounded on top.
To remove brownie bites from the pan after using a shaper, just slide a butter knife down alongside the brownie. It should easily lift out of the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! These sweet treats are as delicious and still really pretty without the green!
As there is dairy in the buttercream filling, these bite size brownies need to be refrigerated. They will keep in an airtight container for about 3 days.
You could, but you'd be missing out on a lot of deliciousness, and it's pretty easy to make these from scratch!
More Easy Brownie Recipes
Brownie Bites Recipe with Buttercream Filling
- Mini-tart shaper
- piping bag with large fitting of your choice
- ½ c butter melted
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray, set aside
- Melt butter on stove top in a small pot or in the microwave using a medium bowl. Add sugar and blend well.
- Add butter mixture to stand mixer or a large bowl, mix in cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add baking powder, vanilla, eggs and salt, blend well.
- Add flour ½ cup at a time until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the brownie mix into the individual spots of prepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 8-10 minutes before using a mini-tart shaper to press into each brownie. Remove brownies from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Add powdered sugar and butter to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring and blend well until satisfied with the color.
- Add filling to a piping bag and fill the individual brownie cups. Top with mini chocolate chips if desired.