Have you ever made a Bento Box for your kids? When my kids were younger, they loved these fun lunches! It really doesn't take a lot of time, just a little creativity.
And who doesn't love that big huggable Baymax? Have you seen him at Disney World? He's in Epcot and I've never seen a very long line. You can find him in Future World West in Hiro's Workshop. Fist pump him for me!
For Disney fans, you might want to check out all these Disney cupcakes. So much fun!
Big Hero 6 Bento Box
Ever since I saw the first Bento Box, I've been wanting to make one. I've seen so many that were really creative! I knew my kids would love to open their lunchboxes to such a cool treat.
So after I saw Big Hero 6, I decided to give it a try. You can do this so easily with just a few supplies. There are a couple of tricky maneuvers, but if I can do it, you can do it, too!
We started this on a Sunday and scraped it in the end. We started all over the next day, and now we know what works so you don't have to make the same mistakes. Get the kids involved!
How to Make a Big Hero 6 Bento Box
Make the sandwich and cut out Baymax.
Cut the raisin in half and place it on the face, connecting with the piece of black licorice. Set aside.
Wrapa strawberry with a blue fruit roll-up.
Mold Airheads into Fred's horns. (He has blue horns and orange horns.
With a toothpick, add black lines to Fred's eyes. He has 3! Place eyes on the face.
Cut out a circle of black licorice for the mouth.
Wrap a blue fruit roll-up around licorice, and cut four yellow fangs from a yellow fruit roll-up.
Place mouth on Fred and set aside.
Cut off a slice of marshmallow and carefully cut out a 6. Eat the marshmallows you mess up as it will probably happen!
Place the 6 on the cupcake.
Place Baymax in the plastic container or box.
The cupcakes goes in the corner of the box.
Add fruits and veggies to the box.
Place Fred in the box.
Add chopsticks for fun!
Note: The fruit roll-up will melt if it is next to anything wet or juicy. You might want to wrap Fred or place in a baggie if taking this to eat later.
Big Hero 6 Bento Box
- Rectangular plastic box
- White bread you can find wheat white bread if you prefer
- Any sandwich filling. We made PB & J but you can make anything like ham and cheese, turkey, etc.
- 1 mini cupcake with red frosting
- 1 Marshmallow
- Carrot slices
- Snow peas
- 1 Blue fruit roll-up
- 1 Yellow fruit roll-up
- 1 Orange Airhead
- 1 Blue Airhead
- Yellow M&M's
- Black licorice Laces would be best, but we couldn't find them, so cut larger pieces to make strand
- 1 Raisin
- Make the sandwich and cut out in the shape of Baymax.
- Cut raisin in half and place on face of Baymax, connecting with a piece of black licorice.
- Set Baymax aside.
- Wrap a strawberry with blue fruit roll-up.
- Mold Airhead into Fred's horns. He has blue horns and orange horns.
- With a toothpick, add black lines to Fred's eyes. Note: he has 3!
- Place eyes on Fred's face.
- Cut out a circle of black licorice for Fred's mouth.
- Wrap blue fruit roll-up around licorice, and cut out four yellow fangs from yellow fruit roll-up.
- Place mouth on Fred.
- Set Fred aside.
- Cut off a "slice" of marshmallow and carefully cut out a 6.
- Place 6 on cupcake
- Place Baymax in rectangular plastic container ("Box")
- Place cupcake in corner of box.
- Add fruits and vegetables to box.
- Place Fred in box.
- Add chopsticks for fun!
- One note: The fruit roll-up will melt if it is next to anything wet or juicy. It would be best to wrap Fred or carefully place in a baggie so it doesn't melt!
More Big Hero 6
If you love Big Hero 6 as much as we do, you'll love these other Big Hero 6 activities! What a fun birthday party you could throw with these Birthday Party Ideas and Baymax Crafts! These Baymax Rice Krispies Treats make a delicious snack!