Have you ever made a Bento Box for your kids? When my kids were younger, they loved these fun lunches! It really doesn’t take a lot of time, just a little creativity.
And who doesn’t love that big huggable Baymax? Have you seen him at Disney World? He’s in Epcot and I’ve never seen a very long line. You can find him in Future World West in Hiro’s Workshop. Fist pump him for me!
Big Hero 6 Bento Box
Ever since I saw the first Bento Box, I’ve been wanting to make one. Some I’ve seen are so creative! I know my kids would have loved to open their lunchbox to such a cool treat.
So I thought, why not make a Big Hero 6 Bento Box? You can do this easily with just a few supplies. There are a few tricky maneuvers, but if I did it, anyone can!
We began this on Sunday and scraped it in the end. We started all over today, and now we know what works…and what doesn’t! Have fun and get your kiddos involved! They will definitely be popular in the lunchroom!
How to Make a Big Hero 6 Bento Box
Make the sandwich and cut out in the shape of Baymax.
Cut the raisin in half and place on the face of Baymax, connecting with a piece of black licorice.
Set Baymax aside.
Wrap a strawberry with a blue fruit roll-up.
Mold Airheads into Fred’s horns. (He has blue horns and orange horns.)
With a toothpick, add black lines to Fred’s eyes. (He has 3!)
Place eyes on Fred’s face.
Cut out a circle of black licorice for Fred’s mouth.
Wrap blue fruit roll-up around licorice, and cut out four yellow fangs from yellow fruit roll-up.
Place mouth on Fred.
Set Fred aside.
Cut off a “slice” of marshmallow and carefully cut out a 6. (Eat marshmallows you mess up. This will happen!)
Place 6 on the cupcake
Add Baymax to the rectangular plastic container (“box”)
The cupcake goes in the corner of the box.
Add fruits and vegetables to box.
Place Fred in the box.
Add chopsticks for fun!
One note: The fruit roll-up will melt if it is next to anything wet or juicy. It would be best to wrap Fred or carefully place in a baggie so it doesn’t melt!
Print a copy!
Big Hero 6 Bento Box
- Rectangular plastic box
- White bread you can find wheat white bread if you prefer
- Any sandwich filling. We made PB & J but you can make anything like ham and cheese, turkey, etc.
- 1 mini cupcake with red frosting
- 1 Marshmallow
- Carrot slices
- Snow peas
- 1 Blue fruit roll-up
- 1 Yellow fruit roll-up
- 1 Orange Airhead
- 1 Blue Airhead
- Yellow M&M's
- Black licorice Laces would be best, but we couldn't find them, so cut larger pieces to make strand
- 1 Raisin
- Make the sandwich and cut out in the shape of Baymax.
- Cut raisin in half and place on face of Baymax, connecting with a piece of black licorice.
- Set Baymax aside.
- Wrap a strawberry with blue fruit roll-up.
- Mold Airhead into Fred's horns. He has blue horns and orange horns.
- With a toothpick, add black lines to Fred's eyes. Note: he has 3!
- Place eyes on Fred's face.
- Cut out a circle of black licorice for Fred's mouth.
- Wrap blue fruit roll-up around licorice, and cut out four yellow fangs from yellow fruit roll-up.
- Place mouth on Fred.
- Set Fred aside.
- Cut off a "slice" of marshmallow and carefully cut out a 6.
- Place 6 on cupcake
- Place Baymax in rectangular plastic container ("Box")
- Place cupcake in corner of box.
- Add fruits and vegetables to box.
- Place Fred in box.
- Add chopsticks for fun!
- One note: The fruit roll-up will melt if it is next to anything wet or juicy. It would be best to wrap Fred or carefully place in a baggie so it doesn't melt!
More Big Hero 6
Check out these great lessons your kids can learn from Big Hero 6!
If you love Big Hero 6 as much as we do, you’ll love these other Big Hero 6 activities! What a fun birthday party you could throw with these Birthday Party Ideas and Baymax Crafts! These Baymax Rice Krispies Treats make a delicious snack!