If you've never made homemade s'mores brownies, you are in for a heavenly treat! Everyone loves S'mores, and who doesn't love brownies? The perfect pairing!
This may be a favorite campfire treat, but there's no reason to wait until you're camping!
Even if this is your first time making brownies, these s'mores brownies will be gone before you know it!
Decorated with patriotic M&Ms, these fudgy brownies are like a giant s'mores dessert with gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate. Don't you just want one now?
This easy s'mores brownies recipe is the perfect dessert for any celebration, especially the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Flag Day.
I'm not sure which is my favorite brownie recipe, this one or peanut butter brownies! Make both and tell me what you think!
These s'mores brownies would also be amazing for a homecoming party for someone who has served in the military. God Bless the USA!
To make these s'mores brownies, you will need vegetable oil, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and nonstick spray. You'll also need a 9 by 9 sized pan.
This one is nice, has a lid for covering the pan of brownies if you're going to a party, and you can't go wrong with Wilton.
For the topping, you'll need Bag of mini marshmallows
graham crackers, chocolate syrup, red and blue M&M's, and coconut.
You're are going to love these decadent s'mores brownies!
How To Make Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degreesº.
Spray the sides and the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
In another medium bowl, add vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla.
Beat in eggs until well blended.
Slowly add all the dry ingredients, ½ cup at a time, to the wet ingredients, stirring after each addition. Make sure everything is mixed well.
Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake brownies at 350º for 20-25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done.
Allow brownies to cool slightly. Tip: If you can't get the brownies out of the pan, run a knife along the sides to loosen.
Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Do not cut brownies yet.
How To Make Topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put the whole brownie on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Pour the bag of marshmallows on top of the brownies.
Break graham crackers into pieces add on the top of the marshmallows.
Add chocolate sauce on top of the marshmallows.
Top with the M & Ms.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows start to melt.
I know it's hard to wait, but for best results, cool s'mores brownies before cutting into 16 pieces.
Tip: I've found a plastic knife helps get clean cuts for cutting brownies!
You absolutely can! Use about one and a quarter cup of Fluff instead of a bag of marshmallows.
You can absolutely use your favorite brownie mix, but these homemade brownies are super easy to make!
You can keep these brownies for 3-4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. The marshmallows don't freeze that well, so I'd eat them within that time. They never last that long!
For another really fun recipe for the kids, make these Pokemon Poffins!
- 9 x 9 pan.
- ½ C vegetable oil
- 1 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ C all-purpose flour
- ⅓ C cocoa powder
- ¼ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows 10 ounce
- 4 graham crackers
- 4 T chocolate syrup
- ⅛ C M & Ms red and blue
- ¼ C coconut
To Make Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesº.
- Spray the sides and the bottom of the pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In another medium bowl, add vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs until well blended.
- Slowly add all the dry ingredients, ½ cup at a time, to the wet ingredients, stirring after each addition. Make sure everything is mixed well.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan and bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Allow brownies to cool slightly. Tip: If you can't get the brownies out of the pan, run a knife along the sides to loosen.
- Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Do not cut brownies yet.
To Make Topping
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put the whole brownie on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the bag of marshmallows on the brownie.
- Break the graham crackers into pieces and add on the top of the marshmallows.
- Add chocolate sauce on top of the marshmallows.
- Add coconut.
- Top with the M&M's.
- Bake at 350º for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows start to melt.
- Cool before cutting into 16 pieces. Tip: I've found a plastic knife works well for cutting brownies!
This recipe first appeared on Food, Fun & Faraway Places on June 18, 2015.
Lisa J O'Driscoll
These look so good and perfect for July 4th!
They are really delicious!
Okay, I am giving this a try. What size was the bag of mini-marshmallows did you used? I seem to have more marshmallows than your picture shows. Thanks.
Oh Yum! These look delicious. I think they look pretty and I would love to make these as a dessert for the 4th of July. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
Thank you, Julie! So sweet of you! Have a great 4th!
Gorgeous looking brownies! Gotta attempt this for Independence day celebration!
Linda Manns Linneman
These sound so good.. I will definitely be trying these for the fourth of July. Thank you so much for sharing