When you think of Daytona Beach, you might think of summer fun, like hitting the beach, building sandcastles, riding the waves. You will definitely find all that when visiting this destination known for its beaches, but don't stop there! Daytona Beach has so much more than the beach! In fact, you'll probably be surprised at all there is to do in this Florida vacation spot for a Fall Beach Escape
- Shopping: One of our favorite ways to spend a relaxing day in Daytona Beach is to head to the historic Beach Street area to the Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach. We plan on arriving in time for a piece of pizza or sandwich at one of the many restaurants, and then shop the afternoon away! The Riverfront Shops has over 60 shops, restaurants, and attractions, all in a beautiful waterfront setting. Now through January 8, you can also visit the amazing Daytona Beach Downtown Farmer's Market. See below for all the holiday events going on at the Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach. At the end of the day, you'll be close to fabulous restaurants where you can relax and talk over your shopping finds!
- World-class golf: One of Florida's fastest growing beach destinations, Daytona Beach has been rated by Golf Digest as one of the top 15 places to play in the country! The LPGA International has not only one but two championship courses rated four stars by Golf Digest; the Rees Jones Course and the Arthur Hills designed Course. I live on an Arthur Hills course, and know how much fun and how challenging the game is on these courses! You can also play the Indigo Lakes Course which is in the top 10 courses in the state by GolfWeek magazine, as well as the DeBary Golf & Country Club, a National Audubon Society certified bird sanctuary. The wildlife in Florida is one of the reasons we love living here so much.
- Get back to Nature: Daytona Beach is home to many nature trails, like Tuscawilla Park, where you can zipline at Zoom Air Adventure Park Daytona Beach. Rather go hiking? Check out Ormond Memorial Gardens, Ponce Preserve, or Tomoka State Park. You can also find opportunities to kayak, snorkel, and paddleboard at many different spots in Daytona Beach, so check the Daytona Beach website for details. Of course, a stroll on the sand to look for shells is always part of our vacation, so don't forget to visit that 23-miles of sandy, white beach! Sunsets don't get much better, either!
- Holiday Fun: During the holidays, Daytona Beach really ramps up the fun! Take a look at just a few of the special events you can attend to get into the holiday spirit! There's nothing like Warm Holiday Fun.
- Riverfront Holiday Dazzle now through Jan. 15
- Christmas Spectacular Tours now Jan. 15
- Christmas Boat Parade, Dec. 10
- Riverfront Festival of the Season, Dec. 10
- Christmas Candlelight Tours, Dec. 17
- December to Remember, Dec. 17-Dec. 31
- Riverfront Holiday Storybook Exhibit
- Stetson Mansion Christmas Spectacular
Photo Credit: Daytona Beach Area Convention & Visitor's Bureau
You can now fly right into Daytona Beach International Airport with non-stop JetBlue service from John F. Kennedy Airport, Delta (through Atlanta, GA) and American Airlines (through Charlotte, NC.) Now that you know, get busy planning that Florida adventure you've been talking about! Be sure to check out some of the Weekday Getaway Deals