Halloween Brownies are such a fun spooky treat for the holiday. Adding cream cheese gives these brownies a richer flavor even though they are made with a boxed mix!
But for that Halloween party, this new recipe for delicious brownies is one of my favorite Halloween recipes.
❤️ Why We Love this Recipe
Making these Halloween brownies with a box of brownie mix means spending less time in the kitchen! Feel free to make your own homemade brownie recipe and follow along to make them festive for the Halloween season.
The cream cheese added to simple brownie mix takes this dessert to a whole new level!
📋 What You Need to Make It
Just a handful of ingredients and you'll have this delicious Halloween brownie recipe in the oven in no time.
- Boxed brownie mix along with water, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Orange gel food coloring
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools
This set of baking dishes has both rectangular and square baking dishes I use for dessert and it's on sale.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable grocery list and full recipe.
🥣 How to Make Halloween Brownies
Step one: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Step 3: Add brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water to a large bowl.
Step 4: Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients according to the box directions. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure the wet ingredients are fully combined with the dry ingredients.
Step 5:Pour the brownie batter into the prepared 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
Step 6: In another large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Step 7: Add the egg and vanilla, mixing to incorporate.
Step 8: Fold in 9-10 drops of orange gel food coloring, mixing until color is distributed throughout the cream cheese mixture.
For a darker orange color, simply add more food coloring.
Step 9: Drop the orange cheesecake mixture by spoonfuls over the brownie mix.
Step 10: Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake mixture together.
Step 11: Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 12: Allow the brownies to cool, and enjoy!
Chocolate lovers can add a little cocoa powder to the batter of these fun treats for even more chocolatey flavor.
A big handful of chocolate chips will make goeey fudgy brownies.
You could also add white chocolate chips for a fun twist.
These Peeps little ghosts and pumpkins would be cute on top of these chocolate brownies, too.
Make spider webs on top by following what we did with these Halloween spider web cookies made with OREO cookies.
Get older kids in the Halloween spirit by drizzling white icing across the brownies and top with these sprinkles with bones and candy eyes to make mummy brownies.
Add a tablespoon of instant espresso powder and top with kosher salt for a treat the adults will love.
In an airtight container, you can store these brownies at room temperature for 3-4 days. They will last a week in the fridge.
You can! We find oil is better for mixes, but butter will work just fine.
Higher fat content will make the brownies less cakey and more fudgy. We suggest adding chocolate chips in the variations.
💭 Top Tips
Whenever you're baking, it's always best to use room temperature eggs as they blend more evenly.
Place the pan in the center of the oven for even baking.
More Easy Halloween Desserts
If you loved this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating! Thank you!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside. You can also use parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, 2 eggs, oil, and water.
- Using a hand mixer, mix to combine following the box directions.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add other egg and vanilla, mixing well to incorporate.
- Add 9-10 drops of orange gel food coloring mixing until color is even throughout the batter.
- If darker orange color is desired, add more food coloring.
- Drop the orange cheesecake mixture by spoonfuls over the brownie batter.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the brownie batter and orange cheesecake mixture together.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before serving.