When it's time to make dessert for a party or your family, this easy apple cake is the way to go. Everyone loves apple desserts, and you'll love that this one is so simple to make.
We always have apples in the fridge because they're healthy and store so well. Did you know apples are high in fiber, vitamin C, and potassium?
The rest of the ingredients are items we usually have on hand, so I can whip this easy apple cake up any day of the week. When unexpected company stops by for a visit, this is my go-to recipe.
The best thing about this dessert is that it's so moist, and seems to get even better the next day. In fact, this also goes well with a cup of coffee in the morning! Sometimes I need a grab and go breakfast for my drive to the airport, and this easy apple cake is convenient and delicious.
How to Make Easy Apple Cake
Heat oven to 350°. Peel and chop your apples and set to the side.
Spray a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
Add sugar and egg whites to bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attached and beat on high until soft peaks form.
Reduce the mixer to low speed, add in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla.
Mix well to combine.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
Tap the pan on the counter to guarantee it is evenly spread.
Bake for 55 minutes.
Insert a toothpick in the center to verify the toothpick comes out clean.
Place the bundt pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. This dusting wand is my new favorite discovery.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers program, this easy apple cake is just 7 Smartpoints, too. You can also freeze this cake and it will be just as delicious once it's thawed.
I think this makes such a pretty dessert, too. Bring your own colorful placemat for a beautiful presentation.
Fall is the perfect time of year for apple picking. When we spend the day at the orchard, we usually end up with lots and lots of apples. If you're in the same boat, I've got plenty of recipes to help you use them up!
These apple spice scones are so delicious for breakfast and another easy grab and go treat. Speaking of breakfast, my kids love this homemade apple pie recipe I found from Emeril and tweaked just a bit for fewer calories.
Connect with Food, Fun & Faraway Places on Social Media!
Easy Apple Cake
- 3 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites room temp
- 4 gala apples cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T Powder sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare your apples and set to the side.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attached.
- Set mixer to high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed, add in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture, stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Tap the pan onto the counter to guarantee it is evenly spread.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to verify the toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the bundt pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.