This delicious Chicken and Steak Stir Fry is made with tender beef, juicy chicken, and fresh veggies bathed in a flavorful sauce. It’s a quick and easy dinner that's perfect for any night of the week.
With only 5 minutes of prep time, this stir-fry dish is the perfect solution when you want to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
It's easy, delicious, and always a family favorite. Plus, everything cooks in one pan, making cleanup a cinch. Win!
This recipe kicks off with perfectly seared strips of juicy steak and chicken, with tender, sautéed veggies. But what really takes the flavors to a whole new level is a simple, two-ingredient homemade stir fry sauce.
By combining a little soy sauce with brown sugar, you'll transform the meat and vegetables with fresh ginger into a flavor-packed meal that's better than takeout from any Chinese restaurant.
If you're looking to lighten things up a bit, this collection of Weight Watchers Stir Fry Recipes has so many delicious combinations!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Stir Fry Recipe
- Quick and easy recipe: Using just a handful of simple ingredients, you can have this dish on the table in just 20 minutes.
- Better than takeout: Made with wholesome ingredients you can control, this stir fry beats takeout any day.
- Customizable: From the type of meat and vegetables to the sauce ingredients, you can create a variety of versions that have different textures and tons of flavor.
What You Need to Make This Recipe
- Steak, sliced in strips
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Sesame or vegetable oil
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Broccoli florets
- Onion, quartered
- Fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh ginger, minced
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
See the recipe card for the full list of ingredients to take to the grocery store as well as complete instructions for this dish.
We used chicken breasts, but if you prefer dark meat, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
For the beef, sirloin steak, tenderloin, or ribeye steak work best. For other budget-friendly options, you can use flat-iron, flank steak, or skirt steak. If you're feeding a crowd, you can also use a chuck or rump roast.
You can use any of your favorite vegetables. Fresh veggies like mushrooms, snow peas, green beans or snap peas, zucchini, or bok choy are all great choices.
Other vegetables you can use to give the dish a little added texture are canned baby corn and water chestnuts.
Other flavorful sauce add-ins include sesame oil, a splash of rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
How to Make It
Step 1. Season the steak and chicken together in a large bowl.
Step 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. I use a nonstick skillet, but you can use a large wok.
Step 3. Sear the strips of steak and chicken for about 3 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
Step 4. Add bell peppers, broccoli, onion, garlic, and ginger to the same skillet in which you cooked the meat. Stir all together and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
Step 5. Add the steak and chicken to the veggies. Stir until the meat and vegetables are combined.
Step 6. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce and brown sugar together.
Step 7. Pour the savory sauce over the meat and vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
Step 8. Remove from heat.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve.
The great thing about stir-fry is that you can serve it as a meal in one. For a more substantial meal, you can serve it over white rice, jasmine rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, or Asian noodles. You can also add it to lettuce leaves and serve it as lettuce wraps.
You can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze this dish for up to one month in a freezer-safe container.
If you have a little extra time on your hands, marinating the beef and chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour adds nice flavor. This is especially helpful if using tougher cuts of beef.
- Always replace oils, whether it's olive oil, vegetable oil, or sesame oil by the expiration date at the latest. Once opened, cooking oils should be replaced after about 4 months. Once the oil becomes rancid, it can ruin the taste of your hard work, so replace it before that happens.
- To make sure your steak strips are tender, always slice the meat against the grain. This helps break down the muscle fibers, making the steak more tender when cooked.
- Even though this is a super fast recipe, for a short cut you can slice the meat and veggies into strips the night before.
- Go easy on adding Asian sauces until you try them. Sauces like oils and sesame oil, fish sauce and hoisin sauce have bold flavors and it's easy to over do it. If using them, just start with a drop or two and taste it before adding more.
More Delicious Asian Recipes
Vietnamese Recipes (You Can Make at Home)
Like our content? Follow us on Pinterest!
Chicken and Steak Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb steak 453 g, sliced in strips
- 1 lb chicken breast 453 g, boneless, skinless, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame or vegetable oil divided
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced (0.31 lb | 5.07 oz | 144 g)
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced (0.31 lb | 5.07 oz | 144 g)
- 1 cup broccoli florets 6.2 oz | 175 g
- 1 large onion quartered
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup soy sauce 4.22 fluid oz | 125 ml
- ¼ cup brown sugar 2.02 fluid oz | 60 ml
- Green onions garnish
- Sesame seeds garnish
- Season steak and chicken together in a large bowl.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sear steak and chicken for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli, onion, garlic and ginger to the same skillet. Stir all together and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the steak and chicken to the veggies. Stir until the meat and vegetables are combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce and brown sugar together.
- Pour the savory sauce over the meat and vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions and sesame.