It's hard to believe I've been at this business of blogging for almost six years now. Who knew the day that editor suggested I start a blog to showcase my writing would change my life forever? Forever? Yes, honestly, forever. In the last six years I have traveled to ten US states as well as Puerto Rico and Quebec, all because of this blog. This year, I will be traveling to France and the Dominican Republic in the same month. Travel is one of my passions, and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love to do through this site.
Another one of my passions is Disney, and talk about blessings! I've been to seven events with Disney Pictures, including several where I walked the red carpet with the stars. I've been invited to multiple events at Walt Disney World and Disneyland, and still get excited just to walk through those gates!
A couple of weeks ago, I got one of the most exciting invitations I've ever received; I was invited to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. And I cried, because it is something I have wished for, hoped for, and yes, even prayed about, for the last five years, ever since I learned about the Celebration. In fact, I was sitting in a movie theater in Disney Springs, right after watching Zootopia, when I turned my phone on and saw the email.
So why am I so excited about this event? Actually, I've got 10 reasons.
- Disney Social Media Moms is not a program you can apply for. It's a selection process done by the Social Media Team at Disney. It is truly an honor to be included.
- The event takes place in Disney World, the most magical place on Earth.
- Lodging is at Disney's Yacht Club Resort, one of my bucket list hotels.
- I'll be participating in networking sessions with the best bloggers in the business who all have one thing in common; a love for all things Disney.
- There will be a special movie screening! Any guesses?
- I'll be attending speaker sessions. Though we don't know the speakers yet, in past years it has been people like Jonas Rivera, producer of Inside Out (who I interviewed at Pixar!), blogging guru Chris Brogan, Olympic Gold Medalist Shannon Miller, and social media expert Guy Kawasaki. I can't wait to see who we will be learning from this year!
- The food! I'm such a foodie, and Disney knows how to do food!
- The rides! Who else loves The Mine Train? The Jungle Cruise? It's a Small World?
- 16 Fast Passes for rides for each of my family members!
- Attending an amazing Mother's Day brunch with my family along with about 150 Disney Moms!
I am still just floored to be invited, and so grateful to the team at Disney.
I hope you will follow along with me and the other Disney Social Media Moms for 2016! We will be flooding social media with hashtag #DisneySMMC, sharing all the fun and surprises from May 5-8!