Who could resist Pumpkin Bread Pudding with freshly made Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream? ‘Tis the season for pumpkin, though I love it all year long! This delicious recipe comes from Chef Jeff, Safeway Executive Chef, who is responsible for developing new product ideas and recipes for Safeway stores. The moment I saw this recipe, it spoke to me! It said, ‘You can do this, Kelly!’ Though I love to cook, sometimes the recipes I come across are just too tedious.
As a busy mom and the owner of this site, I don’t have time to labor over recipes. That’s why I love Chef Jeff’s ideas! As a dad of two, he knows the challenges of finding time to get things done, and he gives me tips and tricks to make my life easier! And this time of year, don’t we all need tricks to help us navigate through the holidays?
Chef Jeff’s Holiday Tips:
- Take inventory: Before diving into cooking and baking this holiday season, check your pantry, refrigerator and freezer to make sure you have all the essentials. Need to do some last minute shopping? No worries! Safeway can deliver your last minute needs in one-, two- or 4-hour windows with Grocery Delivery! Access this service by downloading the Safeway Delivery App, available for iOS™ and Android® devices, or online at shop.Safeway.com!
- PRO TIP: Keep extra flour and sugar in the pantry, stock up on an 18-count of Lucerne® Eggs, and store Lucerne® Butter in the freezer so you have it on hand to make last-minute dishes for the parties you’ll be attending or hosting!
- Gather, Measure, Ready: (Or in fancier terms, “Mise en Place”) Before you begin baking your scrumptious treats, organize all of your ingredients, utensils, and baking materials. Use these simple steps to help you prepare and not waste any time in the kitchen:
1. Gather: Pull together all of your ingredients.
2. Measure: Before you get your hands dirty, pre-measure your dry ingredients such as flour, salt, dairy, spices, etc.
3. Ready: Get your oven pre-heated before you start, so there is no waiting around.
- Get ahead of the game: Have an early morning start? Prepare dishes that can be made ahead of time and freeze them until it’s go time! As an example, freeze your Pumpkin Chocolate Rolls made with Lucerne® Pumpkin Flavored Cream Cheese and then pop them into the oven just before guests arrive so they will smell the delicious aroma when they walk through the door!
- PRO TIP: Take the extra step, and prepare whipped cream to top off your desserts! (Recipe below!) This is great for coffee drinks, kids’ treats, adult beverages and more!
- Dry run: Read over your recipe a few days in advance. When menu planning, make notes, check your inventory, and think through everything you’ll need to prepare the recipe.
I know you’ll love this easy recipe using ingredients from Lucerne® Dairy Farms, found exclusively at your local Safeway in the Largo area! Be sure to follow Chef Jeff’s tips!
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
1 French Loaf, sliced 3/4 inch thick, then quartered
6 Lucerne® Whole Eggs
1 cup Lucerne® milk
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons Lucerne® unsalted butter
1 pinch kosher salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
For Whipped Cream
1 cup Lucerne® whipping cream
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 tablespoon vanilla extract
Butter muffin tins. Combine the egg, milk, sugar, spice, salt and pumpkin puree in large mixing bowl.
Add bread to custard. Mix well. Layer in muffin tin.
Bake for 25 minutes in water bath; cover for first 15 then remove foil and allow to brown.
Remove from oven and cool.
For whipped cream, hand whip to soft peak, fold in spice, sugar and extract. Continue to whip to firm peak.
To serve, remove from muffin tin and garnish with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream.
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced ¾ inch thick and cut into quarters
- 6 Lucerne® Whole Eggs
- 1 cup Lucerne® 2% milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons Lucerne® unsalted butter
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- For Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Lucerne® whipping cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Butter muffin tins.
- Combine the egg, milk, sugar, spice, salt and pumpkin puree in large mixing bowl.
- Add bread to custard.
- Mix well.
- Layer in
- Bake for 25 minutes in
waterbath; cover for first 15 then remove foil and allow to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For whipping cream, hand whip to soft peak, fold in spice,
sugarand extract. Continue to whip to firmpeak.
- To serve, remove from muffin tin and garnish with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream.
For more recipes from Chef Jeff, visit Safeway.com/Lucernedairy. What will you be making this holiday season? Share in the comments!