This delicious White Christmas mimosa is perfect for the holiday season and so festive! Made with white cranberry juice to give it more fruity sparkle, it's so easy to make and will get everyone in the Christmas spirit!
This holiday mimosa recipe is popular for parties because they're served in champagne flute glasses and just look like a celebration. We made cranberry mimosas not long ago and they were so delicious! If you like berry cocktails, you've got to try this Cranberry Moscow mule and this Raspberry Moscow Mule, too.
Why We Love this Recipe
Two words: two ingredients! What could be easier than this simple recipe? Just like with the beautiful and delicious red cranberry mimosa, it's the great garnish that makes the drink so festive and gets everyone in the holiday spirit.
What Goes Into This Recipe
Champagne - you can use your favorite kind of champagne, bottle of Prosecco, or sparkling wine. I love this site for getting great deals on all kinds of wine and champagne!
White Cranberry Juice - we used the cocktail version, but you can use the 100% juice, too. If it's a bit too sour, add a little simple syrup. This lighter version of cranberry juice gives this drink a beautiful color.
As I mentioned, the garnish is what sets White Christmas mimosa apart, so scroll down to the recipe card for ingredients and exact measurements.
How to Make this Cocktail
Fill a champagne flute about halfway with champagne.
Add white cranberry juice.
Garnish with fresh frozen cranberries & fresh rosemary sprigs.
The champagne and juice must be cold. Mimosas are always served chilled, so the colder the better when made.
Freezing the cranberries ahead of time will help keep the drink cold, so put your berries in the freezer the day before or at least 4 hours before serving.
Have a tray of rosemary sprigs and cranberries on ice so your guests can make a Christmas mimosa if you're busy getting food on the table.
You could switch this recipe up to make it a perfect cocktail for any occasion.
- In summer, I would use peach cranberry juice and add a slice of fresh peach on the rim.
- For a tropical drink, pineapple juice with a slice of pineapple on the rim would be fun!
- You could also use Cran-Strawberry juice and use a strawberry garnish.
- Pomegranate juice would be delicious with pomegranate seeds in the bottom of the glass.
- Make non-alcoholic drinks for the kids by using sparkling cider or ginger ale instead of champagne. If you're drinking the adult version, you might want to give them a different garnish or a plastic flute or use these wine glass charms so they don't get confused.
- Dip the rim in cocktail sugar for an even more festive look. Sugared cranberries are so pretty! This triple berry cocktail sugar would be really pretty!
Frequently Asked Questions
This particular drink is not citrus flavored like a traditional mimosa made with orange juice. The white cranberry juice is very smooth giving this cocktail a sweet bubbly flavor and festive feel.
It depends on what time of day you're serving it. If you're serving Christmas morning mimosas or for a holiday brunch, this fruit parfait would pair well along with these berry scones. If later in the day for a holiday party or New Year's Eve, these appetizers for a crowd or these savory mini tart recipes would be good.
It's true fresh cranberries are very seasonal. I buy bags and stick them in the freezer! If you can't find cranberries, I think raspberries are the next best thing. They go well with rosemary, too.
Whatever you serve this year, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
More Drinks for Your Cocktail Party!
Looking for easy recipes and travel recommendations? Subscribe to Food, Fun & Faraway Places and never miss a thing! We have so much goodness coming up! Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, & Twitter, too!
- 25 ounces Champagne (one bottle)
- 1¼ Cups White Cranberry Juice divided
- 20 Fresh Cranberries frozen
- 4 Fresh Rosemary sprigs
- Fill champagne flutes half way with cold champagne.
- Divide the cold white cranberry juice between 4 flutes.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries & rosemary.