These Ghirardelli Chocolate Berries are so delicious, I could eat every last one all by myself! So pretty, dipped in Ghirardelli white chocolate and decorated with a drizzle of royal icing, this is such an easy recipe! These would be a special treat for so many occasions; Easter, a baby shower, or any party where you want to bring a festive but easy dessert that won’t keep you in the kitchen all day! Enjoy!
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Berries
2 C Ghirardelli White chocolate
1 carton of strawberries, washed and dried
Royal icing (see below)
Directions for strawberries:
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- After you wash and rinse strawberries, dip into chocolate and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Set aside to dry
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 – 3 C powdered sugar
pink, purple and yellow gel colors
Directions for royal icing:
- Combine all ingredients in a stand up mixer.
- If icing is too thin, add in more powdered sugar and beat until stiff white peaks form.
- Separate into 3 bowls and add in your colors.
- Scoop colors into 3 piping bags with #2 tips.
Directions for decorating:
- Once chocolate coated strawberries are dry, take a color of your first choosing and drizzle over the strawberries.
- Repeat with other colors
- Let dry for 30 minutes before eating.
Aren’t they gorgeous?