When you think of butter pecan desserts, you probably think of butter pecan ice cream. But that same rich and sweet melt-in-your-mouth flavor in butter pecan ice cream works great for all kinds of desserts.
From cookies to cakes, and of course those old-school blondies, there are so many different ways to create mouth-watering desserts with that classic buttery flavor. I hope you enjoy this list of some of our favorites!
And speaking of nutty desserts, try this amazing Nutella Bars Recipe and these No-Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars!
Why We Love These Desserts
These great desserts are amazing go-to recipes. You likely have the simple ingredients for them in your house already!
Make sure you have your baking supplies, too. We love this non-stick stackable bakeware set that's easy to store.
These recipes are easy to throw together for a bake sale, special occasions like a dinner party, or just to spoil your family members with a sweet treat.
Typical Baking Equipment Needed
Of course, these recipes are each different, but these are our favorite baking dishes and equipment that are good to have on hand.
This set of baking dishes has both rectangular and square baking dishes I use for dessert and it's on sale.
This set of utensils has everything you need for a well equipped kitchen and is priced right! I love this dusting wand for when I want to add a dusting of powdered sugar.
Easy Butter Pecan Cookie Bar Recipe
Best Butter Pecan Cupcake in the World
Butter Pecan Fudge Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream
Crown Royal Cupcakes
Keto Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Butter Pecan Cookies
Butter Pecan Fudge
Toffee Pecan Bars
Brown Butter Pecan Cake
Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins
Caramel, Pecan Butter, and Banana Pie
Cinnamon Pecan Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
No-Churn Butter Pecan Ice Cream (Easy!)
Pecan Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies
Butter Pecan Bread
Southern Pecan Pound Cake
Classic Butter Pecan Blondies
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Pecan Sandies Recipe
And though it's not Butter Pecan, you've got to try this Iced Tea Whiskey Slush made with Praline whiskey!
For more amazing dessert recipes with nuts, check out these easy Snickers Bars and this white chocolate biscotti.
Tips for Making Butter Pecan Desserts
1. Like all nuts, pecans can go bad. If you have an open bag of pecans, it will last for about six months if shelled or up to a year if unshelled. To have them last longer, put them in the fridge or freezer.
2. When looking for pecans, lighter is better. Pecans turn darker over time because of oxidation. The darker the pecan, the more likely it will be bitter or even rancid.
3. In a pinch, you can substitute walnuts for pecans. It won’t have the same flavor, but it will provide the same sort of texture and a nutty flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Butter pecan extract is a liquid flavoring that can add an extra pop of butter pecan flavor to your baking. Both natural and artificial versions exist.
The main difference is in flavor. A good butter pecan flavor gives the taste of butter, pecans, and vanilla. Pecan praline flavor focuses on more of a caramel and pecan flavor and is a bit more sugary than butter pecan flavor.
Although you don’t have to toast pecans before baking, you may want to. When you toast pecans, it draws out the natural oils in the nut to make the nuts crunchier and provides a more intense nutty flavor.
More Delicious Desserts
19 Best Butter Pecan Desserts
- Easy Butter Pecan Cookie Bar Recipe
- Best Butter Pecan Cupcake in the World
- Butter Pecan Fudge Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream
- Crown Royal Cupcakes
- Keto Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Butter Pecan Cookies
- Butter Pecan Fudge
- Toffee Pecan Bars
- Brown Butter Pecan Cake
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins
- Caramel, Pecan Butter, and Banana Pie
- Cinnamon Pecan Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Churn Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Pecan Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bread
- Southern Pecan Pound Cake
- Classic Butter Pecan Blondies
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Pecan Sandies Recipe
- Choose a delicious butter pecan recipe.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Make a rich and delicious, sweet treat with butter pecan flavors.
Share your Thoughts!