This Drunk Bunny Cocktail is perfect for a grown-up Easter gathering. The pastel drink with colorful sprinkles is so festive and tastes bright and refreshing.
With such a whimsical name, how could this drunk bunny cocktail not bring a smile to everyone's face? This tasty drink is so easy to make with just two simple ingredients and some festive garnishes.
In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a pretty-in-pink cocktail that tastes like a sip of springtime in a glass. Another really festive cocktail that's perfect for Easter or springtime is this Pink Mimosa.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Easter Cocktail
- Delicious flavors: The rum gives it a similar flavor to a strawberry daiquiri, but the lemonade gives it a delicious and tangy twist.
- Playful name: Just the silly name alone will pique curiosity and make everyone want to take a sip.
- Great for any occasion: They're not just great Easter cocktails; they're a fun spring drink for any occasion.
Cocktail: Malibu rum and strawberry Lemonade
Garnish: Strawberries, simple syrup, pretty sprinkles
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full list of ingredients.
Variations and Add-ins
- Feel free to use raspberry lemonade or regular pink lemonade. You just want to make sure it's a pretty shade of pink.
- If you're not a fan of rum, you can swap it for vodka.
- For a tropical twist, you can add a little coconut cream. It works great with lemonade. If you add the cream, I'd suggest giving it a shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Swap the sprinkles and rim the glass with shredded coconut, tinted with a little red food coloring. Other optional garnishes could be a cute marshmallow peep and/or lemon wedges.
- This recipe has the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess. If you prefer a sweet cocktail, just add a little simple syrup. For tangier drinks, just add more lemonade or a squeeze of lemon.
Step 1. Dip the rim of the glass in simple syrup and place upside down in a small dish of sprinkles.
Step 2. Make sure the rum has a good coating of sprinkles.
Step 3. Fill your cocktail glass or a mason jar with ice to the top.
Step 4. Add the measured lemonade.
Step 5. Measure the rum and add to the lemonade.
Give it a gentle stir so as not to get the sprinkles wet.
Step 6: Add a fresh strawberry to the rim. Enjoy!
Chilled glasses: To help keep your cocktail chilled longer, place the glasses in the freezer for about an hour before mixing.
Ice cubes: Instead of ice cubes, you can use frozen strawberries instead. You can also freeze some of the lemonade to make ice cubes.
Batch prep: If you're hosting several guests, to save time, rim and garnish the glasses in advance. Then, all you have to do is add ice and the cocktail ingredients when they arrive.
Absolutely! Blend the ingredients with ice for a frosty version. It's perfect for hot weather sipping.
Sure. Mix the rum and lemonade together in a pitcher, and keep in the fridge until you're ready to add them to the glass.
If you remove the rum, all that is left is the strawberry lemonade, which is alcohol-free. But trust me, adding to a fun and whimsically decorated glass will still make it look and taste festive.
Other Delicious Cocktails
Drunk Bunny Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Malibu Rum
- 3 ounces Pink Lemonade
- simple syrup for rim
- 1 strawberry fresh, garnish
- sprinkles pastel, for rim
- Dip the rim of the glass in simple syrup.
- Press the rim into your choice of sprinkles.
- Fill your cocktail glass or a mason jar with ice to the top.
- Add the lemonade and the rum and give it a good stir.
- Add a fresh strawberry to the rim. Enjoy!