Roasted Vegetable Soup
This roasted vegetable soup is one of my favorite recipes, and it's so easy to make.
- 3 Parsnips chopped bite sized
- 3 Large Carrots chopped bite-sized
- 2 Red or Yellow Peppers chopped bite-sized
- 3 Celery stalks chopped bite-sized
- 2 Sweet Potatoes chopped bite-sized
- 1 Russet Potato chopped bite-sized
- 1 C Grape Tomatoes quartered
- ½ Large White Onion chopped bite-sized
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 C fresh parsley chopped, optional
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¾ tbsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 C Vegetable broth
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash all vegetables.
Peel potato, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, and garlic.
On a foil lined baking sheet - toss all vegetables with olive oil and salt & pepper. This means everything except the parsley will be on the baking sheet.
Roast about an hour - or until all veggies are softened. Remove from oven and let cool.
Transfer ½ of the vegetables to a soup pot and add about 2 cups of broth to the vegetables.
Using a hand mixer on slow speed, blend the vegetables for about 1 minute.
Add the rest of the broth and vegetables and simmer on low heat to warm through.
Serve immediately with a bowl of chopped parsley on the side.
Serving: 12ounces | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1203mg | Potassium: 763mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 13066IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg