Doughnuts with crazy flavors are all the rage, and these Pineapple Doughnuts are the perfect easy recipe for a lazy weekend!
Made with real pineapple and coconut, your family will love the tropical flavors. You'll love how simple this treat is to make!
Bring a batch to that swim meet or neighborhood gathering, and you will be the hit of the party!
What You'll Need to Make Pineapple Doughnuts
You'll need to gather flour, sugar, baking powder, an egg, whole or skim milk, crushed pineapple, cooking spray, vanilla icing, and coconut for topping.
For this recipe, we've used an electric mini doughnut maker. You can make 12 doughnuts at a time, so you'll be making three batches.
How to Make Pineapple Doughnuts
In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, and pineapple.
Combine dry ingredients into the wet and mix until well combined.
Once the doughnut maker is hot, drop batter to fill the bottom half.
Cook for 5-7 minutes.
While doughnuts are cooking, open icing and melt in a microwave for 30 seconds.
Mix 1 cup of icing with a fork and add a little pineapple juice to make it thinner for drizzling.
Once doughnuts are done, pull out onto a plate and drizzle with the icing and coconut
Makes 36 mini doughnuts.
How Long Do These Doughnuts Keep?
In the refrigerator, these doughnuts will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container. You could even freeze these doughnuts and pull them out when your family is in the mood for something special.
If you want to make three batches, you can easily save the batter in the refrigerator and make these pineapple doughnuts three days in a row.
Tropical Pineapple Doughnuts
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C whole milk or skim
- 1/2 of a can of crushed pineapple drained and dried
- pam spray
- 1 container of vanilla icing
- coconut for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, and pineapple.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet and mix until well combined.
- Once the maker is hot, drop in some batter into the bottom half of the maker.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- While doughnuts are cooking, melt the icing in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix 1 cup icing with a fork and add a little pineapple juice to make it thinner for drizzling.
- Once doughnuts are done, pull out onto a plate and drizzle with the icing and coconut
LET'S STAY CONNECTED!