These sweet potato muffins are so easy to make and so delicious!
I've made a few others that I haven't posted that were equally delicious. In my book, if it has coconut, it has to be yummy.
My mother-in-law was visiting for Thanksgiving and made the sweet potatoes for our Thanksgiving feast. As sweet potatoes are another one of my favs, I suggested cooking more sweet potatoes than we would need.
It took me a few hours of thinking about the container of cooked sweet potatoes in the fridge to decide to make muffins. It only took a few seconds to decide to add coconut. I hope you enjoy the recipe. My mother-in-law and I loved it!
Ingredients Needed to Make these Muffins
You'll need flour, baking powder, cinnamon (or the Pampered Chef blend), kosher salt, eggs, 1% milk, dark brown sugar, sweet potato puree, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut.
How to Make Sweet Potato Muffins
Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together to combine.
In another bowl, whisk eggs slightly and combine with milk, sugar, potatoes puree, coconut oil, and extracts.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Toast coconut under the broiler for a couple of minutes. WATCH it! I may or may not have had to do this twice. (no judging!)
Fill 18 muffin cups with batter ¾ of the way to the top. Top muffins with toasted coconut.
Bake in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Below is a printable version.
Sweet Potato Muffins with Toasted Coconut
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- 3 t Pampered Chef cinnamon blend
- 1 t kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup 1% milk
- 1 ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato puree
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ½ t almond extract
- 8 T coconut toasted
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs slightly and combine with milk, sugar, potato puree, coconut oil and extracts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Toast coconut under broiler for a couple of minutes. WATCH it! I may or may not have had to do this twice. 🙂
- Top muffins with toasted coconut.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.