Looking for not-so-scary Halloween kids crafts? Have little ones who want to make Halloween crafts, but not ready for the creepy stuff? I hear you! I’ve never been into the ghoulish, frightening side of Halloween.
But it’s such a fun holiday! My kids would look forward to it for weeks when they were little, and now my oldest wants to decorate and hand out candy to the kids who come trick or treating through our neighborhood.
Your little ones can participate in the friendlier side of Halloween with these 13 Not-So-Scary Halloween Kids Crafts. In addition to being cute crafts and decorations for your home, they’d make fun projects for Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, great personalized gifts for grandparents, or fun activities for a Harvest party.
We lived in Maryland for most of our lives and had almost seven acres of land including a pasture. My husband used to cut a trail out of the tall grasses and set up candy and snack stops for the kids. They would play in the pasture for hours!
Most areas have a lot of events around Halloween or Harvest time. Look in your local paper or Google ‘Halloween events for young children’ and I bet you’ll find a lot of fun events that aren’t so scary. Many churches even have ‘trunk or treat’ where kids who don’t live in a neighborhood can trick or treat.
Another fun way to celebrate in a not-so-scary way is to gather the kids for a Halloween movie. Here’s a list of my top five favorites for young kids:
Looking for Halloween snacks to serve? Scroll down to the very bottom for some delicious and festive food ideas to serve your little trick or treaters! Food, fun, and friends are all you really need to throw your own get-together this year. Have fun!
Not-So-Scary Halloween Kids Crafts
- Fingerprint Frankenstein Halloween Craft – Making of a Mom
- 5 Ingredient Spooky Slime – Kendall Rayburn
- Not Too Scary Beaded Spider – Moms & Crafters
- Felt Halloween Finger Puppets – One Creative Mommy
- DIY Glow in the Dark Halloween Shirts – Who Needs a Cape?
- Upcycled Tin Can Frankenstein – You Brew My Tea
- Halloween Luminaries for Kids – A Grande Life
- Easy Ghost Garland – Craft, Create, Cook
- Balloon Ghosts – The Joys of Boys
- Mini Halloween Pillows – April Golightly
- Personalized Ghost Footprint Sign – Where the Smiles Have Been
- Monster Pencils – Donuts, Dresses & Dirt
- 5 Little Pumpkins Finger Play Gloves – The Homespun Hydrangea
Watching your weight and want to party, too? You’ll love this roundup of Weight Watchers friendly Halloween treats!
And for those who do like the creepier stuff, here are a few ideas for you, too.
Love Pinterest? I hope you’re following me! You’ll find a lot more ideas on my Halloween Board!