Have you been able to visit Busch Gardens over the Christmas holidays? Christmas Town™ transforms Busch Gardens® Tampa into a holiday wonderland!
Besides all things Christmas, with seasonal sights, sounds, and flavors, there's all the fun you have all year long.
See my favorite reasons to visit Busch Gardens.
And the awesomeness of Christmas Town is now included with any annual pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park.
This year’s event has added even more dates to experience Christmas Town attractions, shows and shopping. Christmas Town is open 23 select dates and park closing times will range from 8pm to 9pm throughout the event, Nov. 28 through Dec. 31.
From the nostalgic Holiday Hills to the nature-inspired Jungle Jubilee, more than a million lights will blanket Busch Gardens during Christmas Town. Plus, fan-favorite shows including Christmas on Ice and the Carol of the Bells light show return to ring in the season. Check out this video for more returning Christmastime experiences.
Brand new beautifully-lit areas will debut at Christmas Town this year!
- Dazzling lantern stars transform Pantopia™ into the jewel-toned Celestial Crossing, complete with a gigantic LED star that beautifully lights the way to Mrs. Claus’ Family Feast and the Christmas Celebration show. The new area is also home to theBottle Christmas Tree, a conservation collaboration project that transformed 5,000 recycled plastic bottles into a Christmastime masterpiece with the help of nearly 50 Hillsborough county schools.
- The Egypt area of the park transforms into the humble town of Bethlehem, where guests discover the famed journey to the Three Kings. The magical story unfolds as the North Star guides the way to a land filled with desert-themed rustic décor, larger-than-life camels and the Three Kings Caravan.
I love that Christmas Town provides unforgettable Yuletide experiences for the entire family around every corner, creating a Christmas celebration like no other. It's such a fabulous family event.
- The Claus family invites you into their North Pole home at Welcome to Santa’s House. While the elves are busy preparing for Christmas, Santa is taking a break from his busy holiday schedule to meet and take photos with families in his private study.
- All aboard the Christmas Town Express for the biggest Christmas carol sing-a-long on wheels. Friends and family are invited join in singing traditional songs of the season like “Jingle Bells,” “Frosty the Snowman” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” while circling the Serengeti on a beautifully lit vintage-style steam locomotive.
- Busch Gardens is excited to welcome African penguins to the family! Come chill with these dapper little creatures and marvel at their underwater antics at the brand new Penguin Point, complete with a giant penguin photo opportunity in the Nairobi area.
- For those who can’t wait to get their night at Christmas Town started, guests are invited to pull up a seat at Mrs. Claus’ Family Feast for a special evening filled with stories, songs, a delicious holiday fare, plenty of opportunities for holiday hugs and photos with Mrs. Claus and her favorite elves. Space is limited for this exclusive dining experience and reservations must be made in advance at ChristmasTown.com.
Don't worry, you'll still be able to enjoy Busch Gardens' most popular thrill rides, including Cheetah Hunt, SheiKra, and America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, Falcon’s Fury™. Did I mention that I went on the Fury yesterday? I'm quite proud of myself! It's not as scary as it looks. No, wait. It is.
For more event information, visit ChristmasTown.com. Plus, be the first to know about new events, special deals and future announcements by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com, or “Like” the Busch GardensFacebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter and Instagram.
As a Busch Gardens Ambassador, I'm invited to visit the Park a few times per year so I can share it with you. No other compensation is received.