As a pet parent, there are a lot of products out there to choose from. I’ve had cats all my adult life, and though I love dogs, I’m really a cat person. When my daughter was seven, she was given a kitten for her birthday. Pretty sweet, isn’t it?
When getting a new pet, especially when you haven’t had one before (or it’s been a while), it can be confusing to know which products to buy. I was recently invited to a #PetTales Twitter Party where I learned about all kinds of cool and innovative new products. That’s why I thought I’d share this round up of some great new products not just for cats, but dogs, too.
7 Innovative Pet Products
1) Pet Water Fountain When you have a cat for a pet, there are only a few things that are really important. We had another cat when we got Gracie. We lost her to renal problems when she was 18, and though 18 is pretty old for a cat, we’ve discovered that fresh running water is really important for cats. We now have a fountain for Gracie’s water. You can find one of these at your local pet store or on Amazon with an average price of about $25.
2) Super absorbent cat litter Gracie does not like the litter box. She hates walking on litter because she has sensitive paws, and she doesn’t like the smell any more than we do! Through the #PetTales party, I discovered Simple Solution 30 Day Absorbent Cat Litter. This new litter doesn’t clump, and the attapulgite clay’s soft texture infused with aloe is gentle on paws. Simple Solution’s proprietary technology attracts, attacks and neutralizes odor molecules, so the litter box will smell fresh for up to 30 days, even in a home with more than one cat! We scoop Gracie’s litter three times a week, so with this new Simple Solution Litter, we’ll never have odor! Simple Solution has other products, too, so be sure to look at the whole line when checking them out.
3) Odor & Stain remover It happens. It’s inevitable if you have a pet. We’ve had Gracie for eight years, but not long ago we had a neighbor coming in to feed her while we were away, and somehow her litter box got blocked by the door of the room it’s in. Poor Gracie had to go! Simple Solution also has a new line called Platinum that consists of Odor Destroyer, Urine Blaster, Oxy Charged ® Stain Remover, and Foaming StainLifter containing pro-Bacteria™. Enzymes and Oxy penetrate deep into the carpet fibers and carpet pad to lift tough stains. So even though accidents will happen, there is a Simple Solution for it.
4) Bath products Though we don’t bathe Gracie, if you have a dog, you know they need baths now and then. OUT! is a brand new line of easy spray shampoos and body mists. I love dogs, but sometimes they can be stinky! The Easy Spray Shampoos with 360° continuous spray are made so you can get your pup clean in a hurry. The unique design means you can hold the dog with one hand and spray with the other! Cool, right? And they’re alcohol and dye-free, which is better for your pet. The line of Body Mists are perfect to keep them smelling fresh in between bathing, too.
6) Poop bags If you have a dog, you know picking up poop is not pleasant, but necessary. Bags on Board just launched GREEN PUPS™, a line of environmentally conscious waste pick-up bags made with natural lignin, a renewable resource left over from the papermaking industry. These bags break down faster than regular plastic, are guaranteed leak-proof, and have built-in odor control. In addition to the bags, Bags on Board has Hand Armor, which are larger, stronger bags that are twice as thick as average bags, Fashion Dispensers for carrying your bags, an upgraded Bone-Shaped Waste Bag Dispenser with carabineer and new “Dookie DockTM” to hold your used bags. You may not find these new products yet, but keep looking as they will be available by summer!
7) Flea & Tick Protection Finally, protecting your pet from fleas, ticks and mosquitoes while they are outdoors is extremely important. I just learned that heart worm is actually caused by mosquitoes. I never knew that! Now I have one more reason to hate those pesky bugs. The problem with a lot of these type products is they are actually made with ingredients that can be potentially harmful to your pet. Vet’s Best has added five new products to its existing line of natural flea and tick solutions, all made with natural extracts such as peppermint oil and clove extract, and they’re free of harsh pesticides. These new products include Flea & Tick Outdoor Fogger, Flea & Tick Wipes, Flea & Tick Spot-On Treatment, Home & Go Spray, and a 3-Piece Total Treatment & Protection Kit.
With these new products, you’ll be set to take care of your pet for a long time! Remember to keep regular vet appointments and keep your pet up to date with any needed shots.
Thanks to all these awesome companies for sharing their new products with us. Gracie is not nearly as excited…