The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
My family loves to travel, but our activity interests have been changing a bit recently. In the past, we were all about the beach. Don't get me wrong. We still love heading down to Anna Maria Island for the day, but we don't go to just sit as much as we used to. A few months ago we discovered kayaking, and suddenly we are enjoying being more active when spending the day on the Gulf of Mexico. We even decided to vacation in the mountains this year, and spent a week in Vail, Colorado, white water rafting and hiking. I think we just needed to experience outdoor activities to realize how much we would like them! How about you? What's your vacation style?
Best Buy has great ideas on how to use technology to make your next family road trip or getaway even better. Which one best fits your family?
6 Family Travel Tips from Best Buy
- Middle Of Nowhere - With a mobile hotspot, you can have Internet connectivity for multiple devices, wherever there's a cell signal. How about having your very own outdoor streaming theater on that next camping trip? All you need is a hotspot, a laptop, a Wi-Fi smart projector, and a little know-how. Bring on the s'mores and popcorn!
- Road Trip Boost - Worried about dropping calls when you're on the road? A cellular signal booster will improve your connection so you're never out of touch.
- Scavenger Hunt- Want to keep your kids excited on that next road trip? Create a list of 10 things everyone needs to photograph and hand them point and shoot cameras. Who doesn't love a challenge?
- Ultimate Video On Demand - I don't know about you, but once we get to where we're going on vacation, we just want to chill! We enjoy just relaxing and watching a movie, but when all of us are trying to watch a show on one laptop, it's a challenge! With a video streaming Roku stick, we can stream from a laptop and watch a movie on the big screen in our room. Room service, please!
- Stay Connected - Sometimes, my husband and I just want to get away. Can you relate? Though our kids are older, we still like to know what's going on at home. With a security camera system like the Nest Cam, we can keep tabs on them with livestreaming HD right on our smartphone. When we're all away, it's nice to know our pets and house are okay, too.
- Family 5K - When we were in Vail, we went on our first family hike. For us, a six mile hike was an accomplishment! The new smart technology like the Fitbit Surge or Garmin Forerunner is perfect for tracking who can be first to finish 5 kilometers (approximately 6,500 steps) in a day.
Whatever your family travel style, Best Buy can help you enjoy your time together. Isn't that what it's all about?