Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Restonic and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I shared with you last month about sleep issues I’ve developed over the past year or so. I’m working hard to find ways to fall asleep and stay asleep naturally.
4 Small Changes for Restful Sleep
1) I’m shutting down my computer earlier than I used to. I realized it was too hard to focus on rest when I was still thinking about the posts I needed to finish or the status updates I had just read on Facebook.
2) I’m reading before sleep, too. Just slowing my brain down has been helping a lot.
3) I’m catching myself when it comes to drinking that caffeinated beverage after 3 or 4.
4) I’ve also started taking melatonin at a friends recommendation, and it helps me fall asleep.
Everything I’m doing is helping, and I’ve realized that you really have to make a conscious decision to make changes if you aren’t getting the rest you need.
What is really awesome about the changes I’ve made is that I am enjoying my downtime more. I used to go to bed when I couldn’t stay awake any longer. Then, once in bed, I couldn’t sleep because I was too wired. Now when I go to bed, I go there to relax. I have a bottle of lavender lotion next to the bed. I have a pad of paper so I can write down anything that comes to mind. No more jumping up to make a note just when I was falling asleep! Yes, I’ve actually done that! My bedroom is becoming the room where I rest, and being rested during the day means I’m enjoying life more.
One of the biggest changes you can make to improve your rest habits it making sure you have a comfortable bed. Let’s face it, if you don’t want to crawl into that bed you hate, how can it be restful? Restonic wants to help you through making those changes. Their website has a plethora of information, not just about bedding, but about how to wind down, what to eat, and other tips on getting a better night’s sleep. You’ll also find recipes for foods that are better choices when you hit that mid-afternoon slump. I can’t wait to make the Almond-Honey Power Bar!
Of course, Restonic wants to make sure you have all the info to make a decision on that bed purchase, too, so you’ll find lots of info about ComfortCare Select Mattresses.
ComfortCare® Select Mattresses
Rest, rejuvenate and revive your mornings with one of our ComfortCare Select mattresses. You’ll find a nourishing layer of tempadvantage to help reduce temperature fluctuations and extend the comfort life of your mattress. Our individually wrapped, foam encased coil unit cushions pressure points, reduces motion transfer and delivers peaceful, healthy sleep.
· Proactively regulates temperature so no more shivering or shucking blankets throughout the night
· Reduces tossing and turning by maintaining a consistent, comfortable temperature
· Keeps sheets, bedding and mattress fresher, longer
Individually Wrapped Coils
Individually wrapped, zoned, tempered coils:
· Furnishes stress-free spinal alignment
· Reduces motion transfer between sleep partners
· Equalizes pressure distribution across the entire body
Thicker gauge coils in the center third of the mattress:
· Delivers resilient, reliable support where it’s needed most
· Protects against sagging for a longer-life mattress
· Improves circulation with equalized pressure distribution
High-density foam surrounding the perimeter for edge to edge sleeping comfort:
· Resists sagging
· Extends the life of the mattress
· Provides a stable base for the entire mattress
Did you know Restonic has been around since 1938? That’s a lot of history in helping people sleep better! Visit your local Restonic store and see for yourself what a difference a better bed can make. I was surprised to see there was a location within 30 minutes of me! We just purchased a new bed not long ago, but when it’s time to replace it, I know where I’ll be heading.
How would you like a chance to WIN a Restonic mattress and box spring?! Enter below!
Restonic Mom 2 Mom Challenge
I’ve heard from a few people that they were making changes in their sleep habits, too. Have you tried anything new? I’d love to know what works for you! Share below in the comments!
You can follow Restonic on Twitter and Facebook for more tips about getting a good night’s sleep!